Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Flannel Color Books

I have a 4 month old niece and nephew and this year for Christmas I decided to make them flannel color books based on this idea.  If you are going to do something like this, don't start December 1st.

The letters are all made from the Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge.  They are 1 1/2 inches tall.  Most of the shapes are various AccuCut dies and Cricut shapes that I had floating around.  The felt shapes were glued to the felt (use small dots to adhere if you are going to sew too).  To outline the shapes, I used a blanket stitch.  The book is bound together with 1 inch binder rings.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The purple one is my favorite because the wings actually flap!
 
 
 
If you decide to make one on your own, expect to spend 2-3 hours on each page.  These take a lot of time to put together, but the giftee will love them!

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. These turned out so cute! I am so touched every time I see our FF busy book at house. Brings a tear to my eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! We are having a great time with them (and the big kids keep "borrowing" them to read)!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...